World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD) is used to raise awareness about complicated issues that hinder migratory birds’ bi-annual journeys. With this year’s theme, “Sing, Fly, Soar – Like a Bird,” increasing our knowledge of what makes each species unique will hopefully deepen our love for these birds and help conserve their species and habitats!
Officially, it is the second Saturday in May to highlight spring migration, and the second Saturday in October to recognize fall migration. However, birds may also migrate at other times, and we encourage you to celebrate when it best suits you.
• All pets must be on a leash
• Buy bird-friendly products
• Clean bird feeders
• Keep cats indoors
• Make windows visible to birds • Plant native plants
• Reduce plastic use
7 formas sencillas de ayudar a las aves
• Las mascotas deben estar atadas
• Compre productos amigables para las aves
• Limpie los comederos para aves
• Mantenga a los gatos adentro
• Haga visible tus ventanas
• Plante plantas nativas
• Reduzca el uso de plástico